Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring has arrvied and it's been fun - Pensacola Fishing Charters


It’s that time of year again when everyone is fishing for the striped, spiny, bucked tooth sheepies. The sheepshead bite has been hit and miss the past two weeks, where some days we crushed them and others it was a little tough, but that’s fishing for you. I’ve had some fun with my clients sight fishing reds in the shallows both in the bay and just off the surf, we’ve also caught some nice fish fishing the deep drop-offs in the pass.

Saturday’s afternoon trip we caught a whopper-- the biggest red to date on my new Triton-- a 43” red.

The sheepshead are very late this year, but don’t worry, the bite’s about to kick off, and although I don’t think it will last as long as normal, it should be very good starting this week and last about two -  three weeks then start to taper off. Hopefully I’m right and we will enjoy a more consistent bite.

Here are a few pics,

I’m big on not killing a lot of fish, and I encourage catch and release with my clients and only keeping what they can eat while they are in town for a few days. That’s why you usually don’t see my pics with 30+ sheepshead lined out. Of course, if my clients are planning a big fish fry, then we’ll line them up, and hopefully nothing goes to waste. Here’s a tip for visiting anglers: take you fresh catch to one of our many fine restaurants at the beach, and for a nominal fee, they will prepare your fish and then you can enjoy a relaxing dinner or lunch without all the messy cleanup.

Flounders, Crabs, Peg leg Pete’s 

 

Till the next time, here’s wishing everyone tight lines.

John

 


No comments:

Post a Comment