Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Drag Screaming Spring Break Family Fun!


What a great day March 19th 2013; I met a very nice family from Kansas. They booked me for a 5 hr trip, and after I looked at the weather I decided to run a mid afternoon trip. Launched at 11am out of Perdido Key and headed to the pass. We made our way across Big Lagoon and the wind was still blowing a bit, but I had a good feeling that it was going to lay down in an hour or so. I arrived at the pass and it was still a bit bumpy, so I decided to go to one of my little snapper holes that was better protected from the wind. It was perfect for the kids to warm up on before we hit the pass for the bigger fish.

 

They had a blast catching one snapper after another. They weren’t big fish, but perfect for them to get used to the style of fishing we would be doing in the pass. After they had their fill with the snappers, we stowed the gear, and they ate a quick bite on our way back to the pass. That is when the fishing really got fun. The pass had calmed down nicely and the kids were having fun catching fish after fish. The bite was really good this afternoon. Emily was the big winner of the day with a 31” redfish.

Here are a few more pics from the trip.

Tight Lines.

Capt. John

Mega-Bite Inshore Charters, Pensacola’s Premier Inshore Charter for the surrounding area

 Perdido Key, Navarre, Pensacola Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment