Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pensacola Fishing Charters- Big Reds on light tackle


Another great day on the water. I met up with Ben, Kate, Rob, and Michele from NC who wanted to see what our Spring Break fishing was all about. With somewhat calm winds in the morning, we made our way to the fishing grounds where we fish every March for a variety of fish, including Redfish, Sheepshead, Black Drum, Snapper and Grouper. The bite was off and on all day, but we managed to hook up some good fish and enjoy a nice day on the water.





No Sheepshead today, but that’s okay. The sheepies were a little less aggressive and made it tough to hook for my anglers who were not used to this style of fishing to feel the bite.
We didn't start until 8:30 and when we got to the fishing grounds the jetties were packed with boats, so it was kind of hard to get the sweet spot I wanted. We fished the jetties for a while, and hooked a few sheepshead, but my guests kept getting hung up, so I moved to a spot where I thought we would have a little better luck. The move was a good one, and we found lots of small to medium sized snappers. We played around with them for a bit and then went after some big reds in the middle of the pass when the tide got right. It was a good move as we had a few more good bites and landed some nice redfish.
 
My crew had a good time and I'm looking forward to taking them out again next season.
Back at it again tomorrow and the rest of the week.
Stay tuned for some more reports.
Tight Lines.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment