Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 End of Year Report - Pensacola Fishing Report


2014 End of Year Report

The last part of December was tough here on the Gulf Coast, with lots of rain and wind, making it more difficult to get out on the water.
There were still plenty of days that were fishable, so I was able to splash the Triton, and enjoy some end of the year angling.

 

The big reds were MIA for a while during December, but did show up again just in time for the last week. While the big reds were gone, I was able to get my clients on some light tackle slot and upper slot reds while either jigging live shrimp or soft plastics at some of our local bridges. It’s always good to have a plan B.
Since the weather has not been the best the past 10 or so days, I don’t have much new to report, as I’ve not been out as much lately.
In the meantime, let’s talk about what the New Year should bring to the panhandle. In January the big reds should be around most of the month. But if the wind is too strong there are other areas to fish including upper Escambia Bay and Escambia River. Another good area to check out, and I might spend a little time over there in the near future, is Blackwater Bay and the rivers that feed it.
Since I’ve not been out much because of Mother Nature and me having an upper respiratory infection I’ll post a more detailed report in a week or so.
Tight Lines…
John
850-341-9816

No comments:

Post a Comment